Thursday 23 September 2010


A RANT

Ok - quick post, need a rant:

My time is precious - I work 10 - 3 for 4 days a week, giving me one hour a day to sort out house, family stuff, finances etc. Fridays come round and I'm putting on the first wash of the week - you get the picture. Why oh why must I spend at least five minutes a day (or 30 minutes a week) tearing plastic wrapping off badly targeted mailshots (my kids are 10 & 8 and I'm still getting brochures from TGLT co. etc) and separating them out into the recycling. Then, come Friday, I spend at least another 30 mins at the tip throwing away said recycling (my council only comes fortnightly and there wouldn't be room to move if I waited. Plus I have to lug it all down our long drive, so I may as well). It wouldn't be so bad if Boden didn't send me catalogues/leaflets/even newspapers every three days.

I always tick the 'don't contact me with carefully selected offers' box, so God only knows how much those people are getting - and do they all recycle?

Today I received this brochure from the (drumroll..) 'House of Bruar'. As far as I can tell, you need to be popping up to the lodge (along with your pack of spaniels, no kids in sight) every weekend to need anything from this company, and only then if you're into theme dressing (see above). So that'll be me then!

Ok - rant over, I'm not drinking this week, so the tension has been mounting somewhat...

4 comments:

  1. I am so with you on the drinking front hun! My goodness it has been a tough week for us too. Silly little things like we've all had colds but of course mummy isnt allowed to rest and recouperate like the boys do, oh no!
    Is it really sad that I quite liked the outfit in the picture?!?

    Take care hun, KC xx

    www.katecollings.blogspot.com - Always welcoming new followers, guests and comments xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to meet you to - more talking required next time! That is the sort of outfit I wear everyday so versatile those tartan frilly shirts! Lx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!! Let's hope www.hummshop.com look books will be carefully filed in your daughter's special keepsake box as she is the STAR of the show in ours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes - it is! Love the video on the site too!

    ReplyDelete